Alexandros Tsirides Tsirides Law | Limassol-Chipre
In these challenging times and as the situation around COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are communicating to inform you on the actions that our Firm has taken in order to support the business of our clients.
As the Government of the Republic of Cyprus has taken various measures and issued instructions in an attempt to minimize the rapid spread of COVID-19 in Cyprus, we have to take necessary measures to mitigate the impact of the pandemic by safeguarding the health and prosperity of our clients and staff and at the same time to support our community.
We have therefore decided that our offices remain open, however all physical meetings with clients and associates as well as all international travel will cease. Please note that according to the Government policy it will not be possible for those of you based abroad to visit us in Cyprus until the 30th of April 2020.
Moreover, for those members of our team that belong to the “vulnerable group” or have “special reasons” which enforce them to stay at home, we have taken the necessary measures to ensure that they can continue working from home with the minimum business disruption.
As regards the on-going business needs of our clients and associates please note the following:
· All court cases are automatically adjourned and the Courts only deal with urgent cases such as interim orders.
· The Court Registrar is not accepting affidavits except for urgent court business, therefore currently it is not possible to sign the necessary affidavits for the establishment of new Cyprus companies. The Cyprus Bar Association is working on this matter and is trying to resolve the situation.
· The Cyprus Companies Registrar is operating with severely reduced staff. You should expect severe delays in processing your requests.
· Any requests for apostille will also be delayed as restrictions apply in the District Office department.
· Out of Cyprus courier services are expected to be disrupted as flights are getting cancelled.
During these difficult times we remain committed to continue offering our services and assisting our clients and associates in any way possible. We will continue monitoring the situation and keep you informed on any developments while at the same time being committed to stand next to you and assist you.
We hope that this situation will be overcome the soonest possible. Our team members are available to answer any questions you may have.
Departamento de Comunicación04/05/2021